Students who wish to pursue a further study after completing their B.Optom they may apply to get admission in Master of Optometry, (M.Optom), M.Phil, Ph.D in Optometry, Fellowship in Optometry. They may apply to get admission for Doctor of Optometry (OD) in Overseas Universities.
Career Options for Optometrist:
- Jobs in Eye Hospitals as an Optometrist.
- Practice independently as Vision Care Professional in Spectacles, Contact Lens, Low Vision Services.
- Diagnose Ocular & related Systematic & neurological diseases and refer the cases to the Professionals.
- Specialized Eye Clinics Hospital such as
– Contact Lenses
– Low vision Services (for visually Impaired patients)
– Occupational vision
– Sports Vision or vision therapy.
- Optometric Education or Scientific Research
- Retail Chain Outlets
- Multinational companies such as Spectacles, Ophthamic lenses, contact lenses and Instruments